Re: [debian-devel] Re: [debian-devel] Re: [debian-devel] Re: The stable/testing/unstable branches not a solution ?

Magos  writes:

> I am also receiving lot of complaints about woody being outdated.
> And all the other maintainers do. But our packages are ready for the
> new release since ages. Not releasing Real Soon Now will also drive
> away a lot of users (not including me).

> If we don't release, we will continue to have a fundamental
> problem. If we do release, we will have an image problem.  Image
> problems can be handled with communication. For example call the
> next release interim, and do not bump up major version number. Or
> call it release candidate "waiting for KDE 3 -which have some
> problems related to debian policy compliancy- to be ported".

For the record, KDE 3 is not waiting for the KDE maintainers to work
towards Debian policy compliancy, it is waiting for the rest of Debian
to stop breaking its compiles, and for the buildd's to actually build
the packages.

cheers
domi