Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, George Danchev wrote:
> Again and again: I do not care about how cleanly a live CD can be
> installed on a random box.  What I need is an easy way to *build* a
> live CD.  Just assume that my only purpose is to run it on diskless
> systems if it is so hard to understand that we need the process of
> building the CD first before we think about how it can be installed
> anywhere (which would be nice but absolutely not necessary because
> we have a way to install Debian).

For that debix is ideal. You can start of with a base live cd, boot,
configure, install, customize. The you burn a new CD with an image of
the snapshot (i.e. all your changes) or you copy an image of the
snapshot over net.

This reburning of the running debix system is what I'm working on
right now. I find that much easier than changing a chroot, burnit it,
try it, reboot and start again for the next typo.

MfG
        Goswin