Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Enrico Zini wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 07:52:14AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> > > My objective is to install a standard Debian system on the target HD and
> > Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going crazy.
> > IF YOU WANT A DEBIAN SYSTEM USE THE DEBIAN INSTALLATION SYSTEM.  UNTIL
> > WOODY IT WAS BOOTFLOPPY IT WILL BY DEBIAN-INSTALLER FOR SARGE<FULLSTOP>
>
> Although I have this pet idea of eventually obtaining that the Custom
> Debian name implies that they also are 100% Debians, and so, if you
> install a Custom Debian in your hard drive, you have at the same time a
> standard Debian you can apt-get upgrade at ease.
Yes.
The plan to build live CDs for these Custom Distributions is (currently) just
for *demonstration* purpose.  To get a Custom Distribution *installed*
onto your system you will ned *official* Debian CDs.
(May be if we will be able to install from a live CD later but the current
 hack can not be used for this purpose.  The goal has to be a clean Debian
 install and no Knoppix-like hack).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
Sie schaffen eine Wüste und nennen es Frieden.
		-- Publius Cornelius Tacitus (55-120)