Re: How to improve archive verification possibilities for the future

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> writes:

> Hi,
> (3) We should have packaged scripts available that do the actual
> verification steps as a turn-key procedure to be done by people not
> adept in scripting.

Thats what apt-secure does, right?

If I read it right glancing over it apt-secure will check the trust
chain every time you install/update/upgrade something.

That realy should be moved to sid asap and I would even prefer
including it in sarge. Users have been screaming for this for years.

MfG
        Gosiwn