Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thursday 27 November 2003 13:09, Andreas Tille wrote:

> > > Sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going crazy.
> > > IF YOU WANT A DEBIAN SYSTEM USE THE DEBIAN INSTALLATION SYSTEM.  UNTIL
> > > WOODY IT WAS BOOTFLOPPY IT WILL BY DEBIAN-INSTALLER FOR SARGE<FULLSTOP>
> >
> > Although I have this pet idea of eventually obtaining that the Custom
> > Debian name implies that they also are 100% Debians, and so, if you
> > install a Custom Debian in your hard drive, you have at the same time a
> > standard Debian you can apt-get upgrade at ease.
>
> Yes.
> The plan to build live CDs for these Custom Distributions is (currently)
> just for *demonstration* purpose.  To get a Custom Distribution *installed*
> onto your system you will ned *official* Debian CDs.

or maybe official Live CD prepared with debix ? What do you think about such
images prepared with debix and containing the official debian-installer
instead of the other live cd hdd installer hacks ? This way everything will
be policy compliant.

> (May be if we will be able to install from a live CD later but the current
>  hack can not be used for this purpose.  The goal has to be a clean Debian
>  install and no Knoppix-like hack).

since knoppix 3.3 there is one more hdd installer along with knx-hdinstall, it
is called knoppix-installer and has mode=knoppix and mode=debian. I have
never tested it, but I guess it installs more policy compliant Debian system
on hdd.

--
pub  4096R/0E4BD0AB 2003-03-18 <keyserver.bu.edu>
1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB