Re: Debian IS for the enterprise

On 21 Nov 2003 15:00:20 +0100, Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org> said:

> Rubbish! Once up on a time, when Debian GNU/Linux WAS for the
> Enterprise (ie, it had the quality needed to call it an Enterprise
> distribution) we managed to release in a quite reasonable time. And
> Debian wasn't big, but still had everything that one could ask for
> on a server.

> I should say that SERVER is the keyword _I_ use when talking about
> 'Enterprise'... If you want a workstation, install SuSE, RH,
> Whatever.

	Ah. You want Debian to be the distribution that suits
 you. That's perfectly fine. Iwant Debian to be the distribution that
 suits _me_ -- a few machines, with firewall, servers, desktops, all
 modes of use in effect. I am sure other DD's have their own personal
 agendas as well.

	Indeed, such different agendas working to pull debian in a
 common direction has always defined Debian.  Except we may have more
 people in Debian now than we did in the days of yore.

	manoj
--
Bershere's Formula for Failure: There are only two kinds of people who
fail: those who listen to nobody... and those who listen to everybody.