Re: Debian Enterprise?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Is it possible to create task or meta packages that depend on specific
> versions - eg. a bunch of versions as at a specific "snapshot" date of
> "testing"??
No - except if there are different verisons of one package in Debian (see
recent plans to package different PostgreSQL versions).

BTW, I see no relevance for depending from certain versions *if* you use
just stable as it should be done in an enterprise.  Any backports are
out of control of Debian and the meta packages inside Debian.

Kind regards

          Andreas.