Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Nov 25, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:

 >I'm not keen on the name Knoppix.  But we have to move all the nice
 >auto-detection stuff of Knoppix into this build system.  Moreover there
A big part of the autodetection is in the hotplug package, or at least
it would be if the upstream had not butchered it.
My patched hotplug with a 2.6 kernel is able to recognize almost all
hardware for which a kernel module has been installed, and automatically
load the module needed to use it.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [3284 quJ1c3fYo4OcA]