Re: Integrate Knoppix in Debian (was: Re: Debian Enterprise?)

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:24:53PM +0100, Sebastian Ley wrote:
> Am Di, den 18.11.2003 schrieb Andreas Tille um 08:48:
>
> > Just note that Klaus Knopper was *very* interested about my idea to
> > integrate Knoppix stuff into Debian.  He recognized that this could
> > save him time even if the first step of sane inclusion is quite hard.
>
> The idea to integrate Knoppix stuff back to Debian also occured to me. I
> am glad to hear that Klaus likes the idea too. Have you put any further
> thought into the question how to accomplish that?
>
> At the d-i debcamp in Oldenburg I met a guy who also does Knoppix
> development work. He too seemed to be interested in the idea so I am
> CC'ing him.

The Debain-Nonprofit Custom Distro has made bootable Debian-CDs the
first order of business and the good news is that we're essentially
there -- I've been botting off bootable Debain-NP CDs all weekend.

We're not using Knoppix but rather the Knoppix-deritive Morphix
because it seems to be a bit more modular and, more importantly,
because the main Morphix developer, Alex de Landgraf, has been involved
with Debain-NP since the beginning.

At the very least, we can document the process of making these CDs and
we can work with whoever plans on packaging these.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill