Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:45:09 +1100, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
wrote:
>* Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis <luca@debian.org> [2003-11-13 05:00]:
>> As for the DAM, i wander why an AM racommends an applicant, but the
>> DAM does not accept him. What does this mean? Is AM role relevant or
>> in effect DAM is the real one who decides? If the latter, why
>> haveing AM?
>
>Of course the DAM is the one who makes the decision; after all, he's
>the only one with the authority to make the decision (read the
>constitution).  The AM prepares a report which the DAM uses to form a
>decision, but he doesn't necessarily have to form the same conclusions
>as the AM.  Also note that the DAM's decision can be overridden.

As far the DAM issue goes: I find it necessary to reject people. But
if, we have to do so in an acceptable time spam. Having people wait
for DAM approval for months is simply bad.

For ftpmaster, rejecting a package with "try again, I might like it
the next time, or a colleague might" is remarkably bad.

>> As you can see, this has nothing to deal with popular or unpopular
>> decision.
>
>Right, just take Eray as an example (and note that the NM committee
>agreed 100% with the DAM's decision; yet the DAM got all the blame).

How long did Eray wait for formal rejection? Did he receive regular
updates about the state of affairs?

Greetings
Marc