[PROPOSAL] Mutli-Functional Translation Effort (Was: Re: [debian-devel] [Deb] Re: Localized bug reporting?)

Ok,

What about creating a service where people asks for translations and
people translates?

Why?

I think that could be more translations if the translators could just
access some web page, request a text to translate, and just translate
that text, without the need of direct contact with the maintainer of the
software nor with the po files.
The DDTP is a good example of such service, but I think this could be
extended to any other type of translation, i.e: bug report translation
(i agree that the user should be encouraged to post the bug in english,
but that *must not* be a pre-requisite), po files translation, java
message bundles translations and so on...

How it would work?

All registered users inform the languages (s)he spokes.
All registered users can translate some text from one language (s)he
spokes to another language (s)he spokes.
All registered users can review translations (following the rules to
translate).
A translation request can require none, 1 or 2 reviews depending on the
use of this translation (i.e: bug report translations could require no
review)

What would be needed to do it?

AFAIK, there is no such software, it would need to be implemented (i
could handle that (with help, of course)).
This could be a module in allioth or any software-related service, or a
stand-alone service (which I prefer).
In any of these cases, it will need some place to host it.

What do you think?

--
Atenciosamente,

Daniel Ruoso