Re: Anaconda multi-arch support (WAS Re: status of Progeny projects)

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 07:53:17AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:54:15PM -0500, Adam Lazur wrote:
> > Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) said:
> > > Well, and what about subarches ? Or will it work only on the most common
> > > of those ? Let's say, only newworld pmac for powerpc.
> >
> > Yellowdog Linux uses anaconda. They're solely focussed on powerpc, so if
> > they provide more powerpc support than stock anaconda it could probably
> > be incorporated.
>
> But do they care about the more obscure subarches, or only those that
> make sense commercially ? I am thinking in particular about the
> powerpc/apus subarches that debian supports, and which need amiga
> partitioning and boot-loaders, which i seriously doubt they did
> consider.

So you're saying you're unwilling to do any work whatsoever to ensure
Anaconda's portability?  You want it all handed to your on a silver
platter or you're just going to take your toys and go home?

And this point isn't even specific to Anaconda.  What are you doing to
ensure the portability of d-i to obscure subarchitectures, especially
non-PowerPC-based ones?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The errors of great men are
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    venerable because they are more