Re: Anaconda multi-arch support (WAS Re: status of Progeny projects)

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 10:54:15PM -0500, Adam Lazur wrote:
> Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) said:
> > On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:57:35AM -0500, Adam Lazur wrote:
> > > Quoted from docs/anaconda-release-notes.txt:
> > >
> > >  The anaconda installer works on a wide variety of Linux-based computing
> > >  architectures (ia32, Itanium, Alpha, S/390, PowerPC), and is designed
> >
> > Well, and what about subarches ? Or will it work only on the most common
> > of those ? Let's say, only newworld pmac for powerpc.
>
> Yellowdog Linux uses anaconda. They're solely focussed on powerpc, so if
> they provide more powerpc support than stock anaconda it could probably
> be incorporated.

But do they care about the more obscure subarches, or only those that
make sense commercially ? I am thinking in particular about the
powerpc/apus subarches that debian supports, and which need amiga
partitioning and boot-loaders, which i seriously doubt they did
consider.

Friendly,

Sven Luther