Re: status of Progeny projects

Andreas Metzler wrote:
> I assume it was a lot easier to port RedHat's installer to Debian than
> it would have been to improve Debian installer _and_ write a X11
> frontend for it. If you throw "porting to all 11 supported
> architectures into the calculation the outcome might change.

I agree that it is sometimes easier to throw away other people's work
and start from scratch, ignoring the developers who spent time on
this.  However, in this case, it is blatantly ignoring the goal to (a)
release sarge soon and (b) finish the debian-installer

I also don't think you're entirely correct when talking about the X11