Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> writes:
>
>>> I disagree. Forcing the user to spend to much time micromanage which
>>> stuff he wants is not to the bennefit of the user. Neither for the
>>> unexperienced user nor the power user.
>>
>> More or less. One search show both packages and user can read what
>> each do. Not so dificult ;-)
>
> Not if you're the only one splitting packages unneccesary then it
> doensn't matter. But you're not the only developer. Unneccessary
> package splits isn't a problem if they only happends for a single
> package but on a larger scale the means problems.
>
> Micromanagement is bad!

Sure.

>>> It is bad practise to split packages just because it is posible to use
>>> some parts of the package.
>>
>> Of course. But one dependence like Emacs is. Many users doesn't want
>> emacs installed and they should be respected.
>
> And you still havn't told us what you didn't understand when James
> wrote: 'If depending on emacs bothers you, make it a suggests.' They
> *don't* have to have emacs installed!

The way of James contact the developpers. He should be more cordial
and try explain that things not only reject a package and make
conditions to accept this.

I understand the cause and how James solve the problem but the thread
was more to try take attention on the way of things occour in
Debian. We should try be more cordial each other.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116