Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Peter Makholm <peter@makholm.net> writes:

> Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> writes:
>
>> The Social Contract say: The focus is the user. So, to enduser is more
>> easy provide two packages and he can choice what to do.
>
> I disagree. Forcing the user to spend to much time micromanage which
> stuff he wants is not to the bennefit of the user. Neither for the
> unexperienced user nor the power user.

More or less. One search show both packages and user can read what
each do. Not so dificult ;-)

> It is bad practise to split packages just because it is posible to use
> some parts of the package.

Of course. But one dependence like Emacs is. Many users doesn't want
emacs installed and they should be respected.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116