Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:

>> Of course but I think if the developper did something is because he
>> think this is better and this should be respected (if doesn't broke
>> the policy)
>
> You've had about 8 people tell you that what you did was a bad idea, along
> with some pretty reasoned arguments why.  (Make mine no. 9 - for all the
> reasons already mentioned).
>
> When public opinion comes out overwhelmingly against you, it's usually time
> to think "hmm, I may be wrong there" rather than "everybody else is stupid".

Yes... I was wrong but my problem is with the way of ftp-master
conduct that things. This is the real problem.

>> The sugestion of James is not right to include emacs like a suggets is
>> not good since the package need emacsen to work.
>
> And the only people who will give a crap about the -el working are those who
> have emacs.  Presumably installed, so they won't notice that it needs emacs
> to work.
>
> I truly believe it's time to cut your losses, swallow your pride, and move
> on.  Unless the lurkers support you in e-mail, of course.

Yes.

This discussion was very useful to me learn some things and see some
others. But the focus of my problem was not the package reject but the
way ;-) Only it.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116