Re: search-citeseer_0.1-1_i386.changes REJECTED

Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> writes:

> Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> wrote:
>> [ I'm including the debian-devel list in CC since I appreciate the
>> opinion of others developpers ]
>
>> James Troup <ftpmaster@debian.org> writes:
>
>>> This package is dubiously small enough as it is without being split
>>> into two.  There's no need to separate the 2k .el file into a separate
>>> package.  If depending on emacs bothers you, make it a suggests.
>
>> Yes, the packages is small *but* IMHO this should be splited in two
>> since the -el package can but not used. Other issue is the last
>> depends of emacsen and someone can doesn't like have an emacsen
>> installed in machine.
> [...]
>
> If that "bothers you, make it a suggests" instead of a depends.
> What point am I missing?

The opinion of James is not the same of my. I doesn't want to do all
thinks like he want but yes like the policy and major of users say.

The Social Contract say: The focus is the user. So, to enduser is more
easy provide two packages and he can choice what to do.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116