Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

Quoting Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña (jfs@computer.org):

> Well, I'm doing so right now, I will start from the first bug file until
> the last one and either provide what might be, IMHO, a better description
> or close them if they were filed incorrectly. I sure have a lot of work to
> do now ammending (sp?) for my mistakes.

For 764 bugs ?

Well, I know spanish people like to live late, but prepare to spend
the next weeks on this.... :-)

When I received the first of these BR, I felt kinda pissed off... :-).

After a while, however, I think that this mass bug-filing is a Good
Thing which may incitate maintainers to get more attention on stuff
they write (in README.Debian, package descriptions, debconf
templates...)

A responsive maintainer should understand the intent behind you bug
filing and then do the appropriate work. For instance, I received two
of them :

-I closed one for lifelines-doc, for which I think the long
description fills purpose of giving the needed information (the stuuf
is the documentation for the Lifelines software, which is a
genealogical software, period)

-I modified another description or a package I recently NMU'ed...