Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:

> Just a note to all developers that I have sent the bugs (734) related to
> this policy violation. I hopefully have provided enough information in the
> bug report for the package maintainers to understand that this is something
> that should be fixed in every Debian package.

Unfortunately, your automated reports are based on something which I
consider a fallacy, namely, that an extended description having a
single line can *never* provide enough information for the
administrator to decide whether to install the package.