Re: Done (was Re: [mass bug filing?] Short descriptions being used as long descriptions and other policy violations)

Santiago Vila wrote:
> Unfortunately, your automated reports are based on something which I
> consider a fallacy, namely, that an extended description having a
> single line can *never* provide enough information for the
> administrator to decide whether to install the package.

I'm with you. Probably a large percentage of the packages that got bugs
deserved them, but that's no excuse for bothering the ones that didn't.
And if the goal was to actually improve descriptions, rather than just
inflating the number of bugs in the BTS, then putting a human in between
the grep and the mail parts of the script, and adding some suggested
improvements to the top of the bug reports would have been much more
effective.

--
see shy jo