Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:19:57PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 01:22:03PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
>
> > With the former (and still widely used) method for translating debconf
>
> Is anyone maintaining statistics on how widely used the original Debconf
> scheme is?

Greping around in (I love grep-dctrl)
http://ftp-master.debian.org/~barbier/l10n/material/data/unstable.gz
(used to generate w.d.o/intl/l10n)

shows me that there is 2122 strings using old debconf and
http://www.debian.org/intl/l10n/po-debconf/rank
says that there is 3421 strings using po-debconf.

I have no historic on that data; these are the files integrated in the
packages, not counting the opened bugs not yet integrated, neither the
switches underway and not yet submitted.

So, I guess that the transition will be achieved for sarge + 1, at least.

Earlier if the french team reachs its goal of completely translated package
install in sarge, since we only translate po-debconf files, and do (read
submit as patch) the switch if needed. ;)

Bye, Mt.

--
Never trust someone who only codes in CAML... because the way things are
done matters more to him than the result.