Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 11:08:52PM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:

> Well, either you were lucky, or you use good and well configurated mail
> tools. But if my language did need a funky encoding, I would not let my work
> depend of such conditions. Don't get me wrong. I mean that in such
> condition, uuencoding prevents the DD from shouting himself in the foot, and
> I've the feeling that it helps anyone, including the developer.

As a data point all the translations I've been sent since I can remember
(certainly since I converted my packages to use po-debconf) have arrived
as MIME attachments to bugs.  If there are any problems with their
encoding they certainly haven't been reported to me.  If this is a
problem it doesn't seem to be bothering many people.

I'd certainly much rather get translations as MIME attachments since
MIME is actually supported by mail tools and I'm not convinced there is
actually a problem with it.