Re: non-DD contributors and the debian keyring

"Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 07:16:31PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 10:35:17AM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> > >
> > > Because there is no need for it to change.
> >
> > Err, why not,
>
> What is the goal?  To indicate that the e-mail signed came from someone
> in possession of person X's private key.  X's public key can be put up
> on existing public key servers.  There are already numerous public key
> servers functioning and no need for keyring.debian.org to be another.

Other reasons come to mind:

1. Packages index on the NM list. Matching by names or email is not
realy working and I was told that would only be fixed once Debian had
a keyring of NMs.

2. Requesting nm.debian.org to send the applicants logfile to said
applicant. The requestmail could be signed or the log could be send
encrpyted with the NMs key. (For privacy reasons the log isn't public)

MfG
        Goswin