Re: non-DD contributors and the debian keyring

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:03:43 -0600
"Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> wrote:

> What is the goal?  To indicate that the e-mail signed came from
> someone in possession of person X's private key.  X's public key can
> be put up on existing public key servers.  There are already numerous
> public key servers functioning and no need for keyring.debian.org to
> be another.

If there was a keyring where peoples keys would only be accepted if it
were signed by someone in the developer keyring, then it would

1) Extend debians web of trust.

2) Debian would be taking more responsability for itself.

3) Debian would be supporting non DD who are contributing to the the
project.

4) Create a staging area for future DD's keys, where they can get somee
experience managing their key.

What are the reasons not to do it (keeping in mind my point 2) ?

Glenn