Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 07:22:16AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Martin Quinson (martin.quinson@tuxfamily.org):
> > > binary-only uploads are clearly not the same.
> > Ah ? And why ? Translation changes do not interfer with the source code of
> > the package neither.
> Hummm. Technically speaking, it does..?:-). With the source code of
> the package....not with the upstream source code.

New uploads will often trigger dormant bugs due to changes in the
toolchain, too. If a package hasn't been uploaded since gcc-2.95 was
current, a new upload built with gcc-3.3 will often not work even if the
only source changes were some grammar corrections in a README file, eg.

It's the NMUer's responsibility to fix these bugs too.

(One possible way of handling this, might be to have translation people
support each other by having random non-coders do the l10n NMUs and
having a couple of bad-ass hax0rs on hand to leap to their aid should
they trigger some unexpected serious breakage.)

Cheers,
aj

       ``Is this some kind of psych test?
                      Am I getting paid for this?''