Translations sleeping in the BTS (was: Re: non-DD contributors and the debian keyring)

Quoting Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net):

> Eh.  Personally I tend to doubt it's lack of trust that's causing
> translations to rot in the BTS.

As far as I know this is more maintainer laziness, for sure.. :-)

I guess that in the future many translation will stop to rot in the
BTS.. :-)

We'll start with french translations. Not a lot of them are sleeping,
because we already pissed off some maintainers, or even did some NMU's
(yes, for wishlist bugs...).

But some are getting quite old. Expect some NMU activity in the next
weeks....

We will respect packages where this is obvious that new, complicated,
releases are on their way, which are complicated (sympa, tetex-bin,
ifhp...) but many other simple packages do not deserve this bad
excuse....

A *lot* of brazilian portuguese, spanish, russian, german translations
are sleeping in the BTS. Probably because these translation teams lack
some manpower for doing both translations are *following* what happens
to them.

When asking for po-debconf switch, I personnally try to grab all old
translation-related bugs in a single patch...but that complicates the
work and days still have 24 hours.. :-)

Of course, all this would be more easy if a translation tags exist in
the BTS (see JFS proposals at Debconf3)

PLEASE, maintainers, use translations we send to you. This is by far
the easiest patches to use... :-)