Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

Quoting Anthony Towns (aj@azure.humbug.org.au):

> New uploads will often trigger dormant bugs due to changes in the
> toolchain, too. If a package hasn't been uploaded since gcc-2.95 was
> current, a new upload built with gcc-3.3 will often not work even if the
> only source changes were some grammar corrections in a README file, eg.
>
> It's the NMUer's responsibility to fix these bugs too.

I agree with that, sure. In fact I fear this to appen to me some
day.. :-). But in that case :

> (One possible way of handling this, might be to have translation people
> support each other by having random non-coders do the l10n NMUs and
> having a couple of bad-ass hax0rs on hand to leap to their aid should
> they trigger some unexpected serious breakage.)

Though this is not formalized, I'm very confident that if this happens
some day, I would without any problem find someone for helping in
either debian-devel-french (asking there first because this would be
easier for mutual comprehension)....of here (and using the "help"
tag on a RC bug I would raise myself for "not building from sources").