Re: NMUs applying sleeping wishlist bugs about translation (was something else)

Quoting Martin Quinson (martin.quinson@tuxfamily.org):

> > binary-only uploads are clearly not the same.
>
> Ah ? And why ? Translation changes do not interfer with the source code of
> the package neither.

Hummm. Technically speaking, it does.. :-). With the source code of
the package....not with the upstream source code.

But, for instance, the debconf translation changes do interfere with
debian/control (for switch to po-debconf) and even sometimes with
debian/rules (when the maintainer does not use debhelper).

Pure translations, of course, interfere less with the "real" source
(debian/rules and maintainer scripts), but they may lead to strange
output when compiling the package (particularly if the translation is
incomplete).

This does just show again that translation NMU *also* require close
attention by the NMU'er, but as you and I already said ? ? ?this is
exactly what we're currently doing.. :-)