Re: About NM and Next Release

>     Uh, no.  You have 3 possible pools.
>
> 1: Someone likes Debian.
> 2: Someone dislikes Debian.
> 3: Someone hasn't formed an opinion of Debian or doesn't care about Debian.
>
>     Do you want contributions from 2 or 3?  IE, someone who dislikes it or
> someone who is uninformed or ambivalent to the whole process?

There are (of course) other pools, for instance the pool of people who
like Debian and have something *in particular* to contribute *today*.
It's fair to stipulate that this pool is much smaller than pool #1
above, yes?  Or are you being intentionally difficult?

I've been trying to keep an open mind in this conversation (and I am
even rather sympathetic) but I'm about to give up.

>     So, let me get this straight.  You want people who will want to contribute
> to a project which shuns them if they don't, shuns them if they do, expects
> them to eat crap and like it.  That about right?

Yep.  I've given up now.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org>