Re: Future releases of Debian

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:35:01PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> Quoting "Bernhard R. Link" <blink@informatik.uni-freiburg.de>:
> But my point was the new debian-installed is not going to look like
> the current Mandrake 9.1 nor RedHat 9.0 (I've recently installed),
> at least for sarge.

Perhaps for now, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The
modularity of the system will definitely allow for different frontends,
and the fact that people are going to be more willing to work on d-i
means that it will more than likely accumulate improvements over time.
You can't say that about boot-floppies. I, for one, hope that the aim
is to eventually have a very friendly installer. Even the most
knowledgable people will appreciate hardware detection.

 - David Nusinow