Re: Future releases of Debian

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 03:51:51PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 09:36:34PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > Instead in continuing this discussion, let's agree on some points:
> > - you can find hardware that works with Debian 3.0
> > - much new hardware doesn't work with Debian 3.0
> > - it would be good if Debian would release more frequent (e.g. once a
> >   year)
>
> I don't think you'll find much argument with those points.  It is a matter
> of determining what needs to be done in order to achieve this goal, and
> doing it.

I stated in my initial mail "... as long as my time permits I'm willing
to help in QA and/or release management if this results in a new stable
release within clearly less than a year.".

This offer is still valid.

Only creating traffic on debian-devel alone doesn't result in a new
stable release within a year.

Trying to help in some random area (e.g. by fixing some bugs) doesn't
seem to help.

Could you elaborate in what exactly I should do to get a release within
a year?

>  - mdz

TIA
Adrian