Re: Future releases of Debian

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 01:31:05AM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> * Josselin Mouette [Wed, Jul 23 2003, 06:06:18PM]:
> > Le mer 23/07/2003 ? 17:57, Martin Pitt a ?crit :
> > > Besides, what's so bad with the current boot-floppies that they could
> > > not be used for another release? Most people will do a mere
> > > dist-upgrade anyway, and b-f are thoroughly tested. But this certainly
> > > is another issue...
> >
> > Are you willing to maintain them ? Nobody else is.
>
> WTF did you do for debian-boot to make this statement look competent in
> any way?
>
> I don't know what the problem should be - we need just few more
> motivated people with non-i386 hardware to make them ready for Sarge.

Yeah, splitting up resources just at the point when Debian-Installer
finally seems to come along nicely. It took ages to find porters for
d-i, I hope they don't turn back to boot-floppies now.

Nothing against improved/bug-fixed versions for woody point-releases,
but I don't agree with doing this "let's get back to boot-floppies"
stunt for a second major release in a row.

Of course, I haven't contributed to boot-floppies in any way, so this is
just my opinion/advice. Feel free to ignore it.

Michael