Re: Future releases of Debian

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 02:48:01PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > - you want a graphics cards with DVI output
>
> I don't have a display which needs one, and neither does anyone that I know
> at this point.  This is not yet common hardware.

I bought a 17" TFT display with DVI input some months ago. It did cost
500 Euro and it is a noticable difference in the quality of the output
whether you use the DVI input or the analog input of the display.

OK, it's not that common at the moment, it's only one small example
where a hardware wish collides with the packages supported by
Debian 3.0.

Instead in continuing this discussion, let's agree on some points:
- you can find hardware that works with Debian 3.0
- much new hardware doesn't work with Debian 3.0
- it would be good if Debian would release more frequent (e.g. once a
  year)

>  - mdz

cu
Adrian