Re: Future releases of Debian

Hi!

Am 2003-07-24 12:03 +0200 schrieb Eduard Bloch:
> > > Besides, what's so bad with the current boot-floppies that they
> > > could not be used for another release?
> >
> > They're the single most unpopular point of Debian.  The installation
> > process is universally known to be non-user-friendly.  (Note I'm not
> > saying it doesn't work.)
>
> And here a decission has to be made: releasing with
> not-sympatic-for-so-called-new-users BFs in 2003 or with stable D-I one
> year later.

The former would satisfy the users who have already installed Debian
(where it is a matter of a mere apt-get dist-upgrade ) and may not
appeal to potential new users. Whereas the latter alternative (waiting
for a mature D-I) would not be of any help to _both_ groups.

IMHO we should try _not_ to deceive as many users as possible.

Have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt