Re: Future releases of Debian

Matt Zimmerman (2003-07-23 11:25:27 -0400) :

> I'm not convinced that establishing release goals will and deadlines
> speed the release process.  For example, a prominent release goal
> for sarge will be debian-installer, since we cannot release without
> it.  Will telling the d-i developers "you must be finished by
> <arbitrary date>" bring it to completion faster?

We'll know soon enough: I've seen aj telling some d-i people just that
on IRC yesterday.  That's got to be accounted for in the "Debian takes
leading position in free software projects for its advanced and
experimental management methods" column, I suppose :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Despite rumour, Death isn't cruel - merely terribly, terribly good at his job.
  -- in Sourcery (Terry Pratchett)