Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:08:37PM +0300, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> writes:
> > They do.  They just get to wait less, since at some point (at least
> > for debian-installer), we get tired of applying their patches and give
> > them a CVS account.  After that has gone on for a while, we get tired
> > of uploading and checking their packages, so we pester the DAM to get
> > the account created.
>
> So, you're saying that the NM process is redundant. I could get DD
> status by simply contributing enough until enough people like my stuff
> and get tired of constant uploads - why should I try to go through the
> NM process at all?

Frankly, the ideal applicant is one who has been doing this for a
while (and they'll probably run through the system in a week or
three). They're damn rare; most applicants don't even have a package
in the archive at the time they are assigned an AM - which is quite
annoying.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |