Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

On Sat, Jul 19, 2003 at 12:37:31PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * "Jamin W. Collins"
>
> | And because my interests lie in packages that may not be seen as
> | "important sections of Debian" I'm a second class applicant?
>
> yes.  if you are just bolting another web gallery or editor onto
> debian, that is far less important than if you fix bugs in
> debian-installer, debbugs, ipv6 related packages, send in bug reports
> and patches, etc.

Then again the system is broken.  If second class applicants can be
expected to work through a sponsor while they wait, so can the
applicants working on the above packages.

> | And as far as I'm concerned, 60 days without any status update is
> | too long to keep someone waiting.  There is no good reason for lack
> | of updates.  If DAM has too much on his plate to provide a simple
> | update then he needs to reduce the stuff on his plate and let
> | someone else take over.
>
> that is not your call to make.  It's his, and the DPL's.

I am free to have and voice my own opinion on the matter.  And it's
actually the Debian Developers' calls to make, if I understand things
correctly.  The DDs have the power to change this.  DPL is elected by
them, if enough of them are unhappy with the situation it can be
changed.  However, you seem to be perfectly happy with the situation as
it is.

--
Jamin W. Collins