Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> No, I'm simply stating that if applicants can be expected to work
> through a sponsor (in some cases for upwards of 2 years) and during this
> time expected to do just as much (through their sponsor) for Debian as
> they would when they are a full DD, then selectively accelerating an
> applicant because they are working on one or more select areas is
> unnecessary and thus flawed.  If this is truly needed then working
> through a sponsor must be some kind of a hinderance.
No, it's perfectly sensible from the Debian's POV. (And from the user's
perspective, too, if she's interested in having a usable installer.)

The usual "two packages that are somewhat useful" applicant (as I'd be myself,
except that I don't bother at the moment), may be nice to have to debian. But
people getting the installer into shape are those that Debian desperately wants
and neeeds.

Cheers

T.