Re: Daft Internet Stuff [Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)]

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 07:14:33AM +0100, Matt Ryan wrote:
> Emile van Bergen wrote:
> > However, I fail to understand why you want people to refrain from
> > bringing the netiquette under the attention of the people they are
> > receiving email from.

> Never said they should refrain. I do think that it's a waste of time though.

As opposed to plowing through your idiotic screed about how people
shouldn't have high standards, which is clearly not a waste of time
since it has important implications for how all developers maintain
their packages, right?

> > In short, I still fail to see your point.

> I don't like school boy rules and I thought I'd tell everyone. The
> netiquette stuff (and others) are a pretty exclusive policy as there are
> such a myriad of rules that can be broken that its use is more to make the
> other party look stupid

Maybe it's because people who don't understand netiquette really do look
stupid.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer