Re: May I temporarily move away a conffile of a conflicting package? [Repost]

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 09:52:07PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Moin Thomas!
> Thomas Hood schrieb am Monday, den 07. April 2003:
> > I suggest you remove the rc*.d links to /etc/init.d/exim.
> > This will prevent /etc/init.d/exim from being run on runlevel init.
> > If exim is installed again then these will be reinstalled.
>
> No, they won't, that is the point; dpkg will think that you removed them
> intentionaly and never reinstall them.

Unless you remove all of them.

You'll have to remember what links were there and restore them properly,
though; the admin may have customized their order.

Sorry if you've gone over this already, but remind me again why this
can't just be a new version of the exim package? It's beginning to sound
as if dealing with the conversion that way would be much less difficult
than jumping through all these hoops.