Re: May I temporarily move away a conffile of a conflicting package? [Repost]

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 17:38, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> FWIW, I'm in favor of the "move the file away temporarily" solution.

This seems to be disallowed by policy 11.7.4:
> The maintainer scripts must not alter a conffile of any package,
> including the one the scripts belong to.

I suggest you remove the rc*.d links to /etc/init.d/exim.
This will prevent /etc/init.d/exim from being run on runlevel init.
If exim is installed again then these will be reinstalled.

--

Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk>