Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 07:59:08AM +0100, andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it wrote:
>     >> metalog as standard syslog mechanism as another)
>
>     gw> you can just have your default installer (which would be based
>     gw> on d-i i assume) install that instead of sysklogd.
>
> I'm evaluating whether to use d-i as a base, pgi, or anything else.
> Any advice on this from someone who had experience with installers is
> greatly appreciated.

d-i has a plugin mechanism that allows you to create a specific udeb to
perform certain tasks (or to select certain software) during installation
time.

It is also going to have (in a near future) a graphical interface, so creating
such a plugin will work for any type of installation (console, graphical,...)

> From  what I gathered, the  time between debian-multimedia becoming an
> official  subproject of Debian and  us going out  with a new release -
> because  of, amongst other   things, project schedules  which  we must
> comply to - will produce a delta in which there  could be spurious bug
> reports.  And I wish  to make sure  that Debian is not  "disturbed" by
> DeMuDi as much as possible.

I do not see your point. If demudi starts being part of debian, is part of
debian with all the consecuences. Same as any other -Junior, -Edu, -Desktop or
-Whatever project. All for our users. Whatever they want to do with debian.

mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

A minute ago this was the safest job in the world. Now it's turning into
a bad day in Bosnia.
		--Soap (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels)