Re: [internal-projects] [Debian-multimedia] Start an official internal project!

    gw> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
    gw> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 10:03:15PM +0100, andrea.glorioso@centrotemporeale.it wrote:
    >> I still have to find a form which is workable, because I think
    >> DeMuDi will have some very specific tweaks which won't find
    >> their way into Debian (low-latency and preemptible kernel for
    >> one,

    gw> these patches will be standard in kernel 2.6, so this shouldnt
    gw> be a problem.

Actually you are right, it would suffice - for  the kernel packages as
well as for   the other packages  - to  clearly mark DeMuDi   specific
packages to conflict with other relevant packages.

    >> metalog as standard syslog mechanism as another)

    gw> you can just have your default installer (which would be based
    gw> on d-i i assume) install that instead of sysklogd.

I'm evaluating whether to use d-i as a base, pgi, or anything else.
Any advice on this from someone who had experience with installers is
greatly appreciated.

    >> and I don't want to clutter Debian Developers with spurious bug
    >> reports.

    gw> if debian multimedia is an official subproject of debian, then
    gw> i  dont think that bug reports  that deal with it specifically
    gw> would be cluttering other developers.

From  what I gathered, the  time between debian-multimedia becoming an
official  subproject of Debian and  us going out  with a new release -
because  of, amongst other   things, project schedules  which  we must
comply to - will produce a delta in which there  could be spurious bug
reports.  And I wish  to make sure  that Debian is not  "disturbed" by
DeMuDi as much as possible.

bye,

andrea
--