Re: Spam in bugs database - automatic removal?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:50:19AM -0500, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:30:18PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> [snip]
> > reduced. For example, we recently dropped the SA threshold to 4 in
> > response to a combination of Santiago's bug report and an onslaught of
> > spam last night which scored between 4 and 5.
> [snip]
>
> It might make sense to use an adaptive spam filter (like bogofilter) in
> combination with SA. That's what I use at home, and it catches 95% of the
> spam I get. I was using SA alone for a while, and like you said, lowering
> the score to 4 catches a lot more spam. However, I also found that score 4
> also introduces too many false positives, so I spent a long time tweaking
> scores and creating custom rules. But now that I integrated it with
> bogofilter, I find that I don't have to spend as much effort to revise
> SA scores and rules as often (in fact, not at all if I weren't such a
> perfectionist :-P).

Spamassassin is due out in few weeks, and it includes bogo-ish features plus
an auto feed system so that mails with an score higher than a certain number
(usually something like 15) feeds back the bogo-ish engine.

And of course can be set with a common user for token storage.

Cheers,
        Mooch

--
Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

This was to be my final hit, but let's be clear about this. There's final
hits and final hits. What kind was this to be?
		--Renton (Trainspotting)