Re: Spam in bugs database - automatic removal?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 12:05:18PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

 > Afraid not; as I said to somebody on IRC yesterday, it would be rather
 > open to abuse. Just let us know and it will be dealt with promptly.

 What? Setting a flag shown/not-shown? Or better yet, "spam: yes"?  You
 could flag messages as spam and, in order to keep that fuzzy warm
 feeling of control inside owner@, let him decide what to do about such
 messages, e.g. not showing them unless explicitly requested and/or
 destroying them after a review.  It has the advantage that people with
 an actual use for the (information in the) BTS don't have to see/deal
 with the garbage, the clean-up operation is nicely distributed among
 maintainers and only the vacuum operation in left in the hands of
 owner@, who can choose to perform it obsesively every 15 minutes, or
 allot time for it once every so many days.

 But all this is more or less pointless discussion, the problem here is
 the underlying system, isn't it?

 And besides that, kicking people out of the project for childish and
 obstrusive behaviour should be an option.  I assume that that's what
 you mean by "abuse".

--
Marcelo