Re: Spam in bugs database - automatic removal?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 02:30:18PM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
[snip]
> reduced. For example, we recently dropped the SA threshold to 4 in
> response to a combination of Santiago's bug report and an onslaught of
> spam last night which scored between 4 and 5.
[snip]

It might make sense to use an adaptive spam filter (like bogofilter) in
combination with SA. That's what I use at home, and it catches 95% of the
spam I get. I was using SA alone for a while, and like you said, lowering
the score to 4 catches a lot more spam. However, I also found that score 4
also introduces too many false positives, so I spent a long time tweaking
scores and creating custom rules. But now that I integrated it with
bogofilter, I find that I don't have to spend as much effort to revise
SA scores and rules as often (in fact, not at all if I weren't such a
perfectionist :-P).

Life goes on...