Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

I don't recall any posts on this thread from a "Rüdiger" or a "Madkiss".
Are either even aware that this thread exists?  (Another point of
etiquette is "talking about someone behind their back", and as this
thread is alternately discussing one or the other, it might be nice to
let them know about it.  :)

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:43:27PM +0100, Miros/law Baran wrote:
> > On another Note, i dont find it very useful to publish private Posts (as
> > the OP suggests) on a Mailinglist. Most People (that would include me)
> > express themselves less politically in private Posts and IMVHO private
> > Posts never should be forwarded without the Permission of the OP.

The reason for not quoting private posts is for the interests of privacy,
*not* to reduce the consequences of being needlessly rude to people.
Complaining about someone posting a private mail on privacy grounds is
legitimate; complaining that it's exposing to the world that someone's
an asshole is not.

(I don't think which is "worse" is relevant, though, or even meaningful.)

> And this is what we call hypocrisy. So it is acceptable to use rude
> language in private emails, but it is oh-my-God-how-awful, when one
> quotes such rude emails. Hah!

Was it even private?

"[1] In a mail from Rüdiger to Madkiss"

Jordi Mallach is, as far as I know, neither Rüdiger nor Madkiss.  I
assumed that he was quoting a public list mail from Rüdiger to Madkiss.

--
Glenn Maynard