Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

Hi,

Colin Watson wrote:
> > BTW, Martin is not yet a Debian developer AFAIK. I don't know what
> > can be done is such cases.
> His sponsors are responsible, then, who appear to be variously
> Christopher Cheney, Alexander Neumann, and Michael Meskes.

I wasn't aware that these packages caused so much trouble. I will not
sponsor him anymore, until a conclusion is found.

Recently, I became aware of a problem between the upstream author of
micq and Martin. After installation of the official Debian-package, a
friend of mine got this message:
"You're using the mICQ package provided by Debian. Since the Debian
maintainer is extremely uncooperative, you're adviced to use the better
quality package from micq.org. Simply add the following line to your
/etc/apt/sources.list to track stable versions of mICQ:
deb http://www.micq.org/debian stable main
To track CVS snapshots, add:
deb http://www.micq.org/debian testing main
Source packages may be retrieved similarly."

I think this is also an isse which should be fixed ASAP...

I hope we can find a solution.

- Alexander

--
"Real men don't take backups. They put their source on a public FTP-server
and let the world mirror it." -- Linus Torvalds