Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 08:06:45PM +0100, Rico -mc- Gloeckner wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:43:27PM +0100, Miros/law Baran wrote:
> > And this is what we call hypocrisy. So it is acceptable to use rude
> > language in private emails, but it is oh-my-God-how-awful, when one
> > quotes such rude emails. Hah!

> No. It is oh-my-God-awful to quote *private* (even rude) emails into
> the *public*, be it hypocritic or not.

> Actually i'd consider quoting private mails into the public more rude
> than any rude tone in private mails.

I disagree.

Anyone who uses such a tone with me in private mail has abdicated his
right to keep me from letting the world know that he's an asshole.

You don't want it published, it's your responsibility to make sure I'll
agree to that before you send it to me.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer